Veeam has officially released the new Veeam Data Platform 23H2 update, including Veeam Backup & Replication v12.1, Veeam ONE v12.1, and Veeam Recovery Orchestrator v7.
This latest version not only protects organizations’ most critical data but also includes hundreds of new features and improvements to shield them from ransomware and cyberattacks.
Key features and enhancements include:
- AI-powered built-in Malware Detection Engine: An AI-supported malware detection engine operates with low impact during backups, promptly detecting ransomware and malicious file activities.
- New Veeam Threat Centre highlights threats: The new Veeam Threat Centre identifies threats, defines risks, and measures the security score of an environment.
- YARA content analysis: YARA content analysis helps prevent the re-infection of malicious software by identifying ransomware types within the environment.
- Enhanced backup protection: Improved backup protection prevents accidental or malicious deletion or encryption of backups, introducing four new features to provide additional immutability and prevent accidental backup or repository deletions.
- Greater security for cloud backup: Enhanced security for cloud backup offers more detailed IAM permissions for backup and recovery tasks, along with an immutable backup feature for Amazon RDS PostgreSQL databases.
- Security & Compliance Analyzer: The Security & Compliance Analyzer continuously monitors your backup infrastructure, ensuring data protection accuracy.
- AI-powered assistant: The AI-powered assistant provides real-time access to Veeam’s knowledge, enhancing efficiency.
- Object storage: Strengthened with the ability to restore data on-premises or in the cloud, now featuring ultra-durable immutable backup.
- Expanded workloads in the cloud: Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB, Azure Blob, Azure virtual network, and Google Cloud Spanner are now protected.
- Automated cloud recovery validation: Streamlines tasks by automating manual post-recovery tasks when restoring data from on-premises to Microsoft Azure.
- Veeam App for ServiceNow: Offers integration with ServiceNow workflows, providing a pre-built dashboard for tracking backup processes, sessions, and recovery points with automatic event creation.
- New plug-in for IBM DB2 and support for Linux and SAP HANA: Eliminates the need for multiple backup solutions in the IBM data center, introducing support for IBM DB2 and Linux and SAP HANA on IBM Power.
- IBM 3592 “Jaguar” tape support: Integrates IBM 3592 “Jaguar” tape support, combining Veeam’s air-gapped data protection with cost-effective storage for enhanced security.
- Expanded Enterprise Capability: Provides extended enterprise support with features like NetApp ONTAP FlexGroups, instant recovery for PostgreSQL, and immutability backup integration with EMC Data Domain and HPE StoreOnce Catalyst Copy.